Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Baked Corn on the Cob

Baked Corn-on-the-Cob served with Honey-Lime Drumsticks and Roasted Yams.

While I try to post everything that is new to me as far as cooking goes, I did neglect my attempts at indoor "grilling" corn-on-the-cob. And really, you're probably better off for not having seen those attempts as they were pretty pitiful. Think fire and yet still-cold corn.

Those pitiful attempts did allow me to find that baking corn-on-the-cob is totally do-able. And it's so easy. No prep. At all.

Simply throw your ears in the oven.

Explicite directions:

Preheat the oven to 350°F and once at temp, throw the entire ears in, husks and silks and everything. Don't waste time soaking in water or removing silks, just put the ears in the oven.


15 minutes later, your ears will look like this, where the outer husks are crispy-dry.


Once you start shucking the baked corn, you'll find that the silks come off extremely easily, yielding deliciously tender corn kernels, causing me to wonder "why the hell did I ever shuck corn and carefully remove silks before boiling the corn in the first place?"

There's no good answer.

Try it and you'll be so happy that you'll never have to waste time waiting for water to boil just to heat up some corn. If you're like me, you usually have corn when you have something baked, like some ribs or chicken or even a potato. Now you can trust that throwing entire ears of corn in with the meal during the last 15 minutes is the thing to do.

0 comments: