Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Blackened Salmon and Cast Iron Grill Pan Asparagus

Blackened Salmon and some "grilled" asparagus

Dinner tonight was on the fly as I didn't have any sort of a clue what to make. No plan this week. And that's because I went golfing when I normally make my plan. I can't say "oops" as I knew this would happen.

One last frozen salmon filet in the freezer from Costco (when did I buy this salmon?  Is it possible it's from...no, it can't be!) some questionable, week-old, asparagus in the fridge. Oh yeah, that's dinner.

I prepared the salmon as I did last time, but used a cast iron pan, which certainly cooked the fish a lot more quickly than my non-stick -- heat was reduced quickly to low. And the asparagus I did on the grill pan with the butter leftover from the fish.

Not spectacular, but a nice change from what I've been eating lately. Think pizza and lasagna. Yep, nice change.

Dinner was about $4 (just a SWAG) and done in less than 30 minutes.

0 comments: