Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

How to Reheat Frozen Lasagna


30 minutes earlier, this lasagna was frozen solid.  And while it's not as ooey-gooey as a portion was when the lasagna was first baked, it tasted just as good!

Remember when I showed you how I wrap individual lasagna portions in order to freeze? No? That's ok, you can see it here.

Tonight, dinner pickin's were slim, so I reheated a frozen portion of lasagna to eat immediately.

First, I preheated the oven to 350°F.

From a bag of frozen lasagna slabs, I selected one and unwrapped it.


I removed the lasagna from the foil, put it on a plate and used the defrost option on my microwave to defrost it for about 3.5 minutes (or 3:30 in microwave language).


Once defrosted, I covered the plate with the same foil the lasagna was once wrapped in and reheated the slice in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.


Just to make sure it was warmed through, I cut the lasagna in half with my fork after a few minutes of cooling, took a bite from the center and it was perfect.


Dinner was done within 30 minutes and required near-zero effort.  Man, I love lasagna.


0 comments: